Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Power of Article Marketing and Submitting Articles

Article marketing is regarded as one of the best forms of advertising a website owner possesses. Its power lies in the ability to build your reputation in any niche, promote an unlimited number of websites and businesses at no cost, and build backlinks to your website to improve search engine rankings.

Unfortunately, for many website owners they do not use article marketing effectively and not nearly enough as they should. When used correctly writing and submitting articles to the major directories can have a massive impact on your website. I'll give you a recent example from my personal experience...

Recently I decided that I wanted to promote a program that I enjoyed as an affiliate. To do this I created 4 articles written around the topic that the program catered to. I chose keywords effectively and wrote my articles with regard to proper SEO and article writing methods (keywords in the title, use of synonyms, call to action in the resource box, etc). This resulted in 1874 views of my articles in 48 hours and high search engine rankings for the keywords that I targeted in each article. The bonus is that these articles should continue to rank well and send visitors to my website resulting in affiliate commissions.

What most people don't seem to realize is that their articles aren't working for them as well as they could be. When I first wrote articles to submit to directories I made the mistakes that you probably also do (or did do). My first articles have only been viewed in the high hundreds. In fact my most viewed article from early article submissions has only had 1054 views to date in over a year! Now compare this to almost two thousand views of just 4 articles in 48 hours and I'm sure you'll understand the importance of doing article marketing correctly. At the time of this writing the most popular article of the four has had 900 views since submission 5 days ago and also now holds a number 1 ranking in Google which will bring me traffic for some time into the future.

Being ranked in Google is the key here. By getting your articles ranked in search engines for good keywords is like turning on a tap of traffic that you can leave and then move onto another article, and then another, and so-on. It is also very effective to rewrite your articles and submit them to several top article directories. This way you can target variations of a keyword. It is important to note that duplicate content does not do you or the article directories any good, so you should submit unique articles to each directory.

To submit your unique articles head on over to the new QwikEzine Article Directory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home